I suggest you ...

put in a killer rating system!!

I think that if you put a way for us to see and sort the ratings of each schematic it would help us to find some of the better designs!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paul 2.0 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminBen (Founder, CircuitBee) commented  · 

Wow, thanks for that Paul!

That was really useful and is just the sort of feedback we want here. Searching and categorising and rating are really tricky topics to get right, so we need info like this from people to find out what will really work well.

• Paul 2.0 commented  · 

My favorite feature when I get to a site with lists of thousands of things is good solid options to be able to sort through that list to find the best of the best for the particular project I am working on. one of the best examples I can think of as far as web pages are concerned is Newegg.com. I feel totally in power to find EXACTLY what I need there. here is a few thingI would suggest:

A popularity sorting: maybe you could find a way to let us see how many people have downloaded a circuit

B User rating: may be we can have a way to rate not only the circuit as a whole but also different facets of each like how well it worked, adaptability, cost, difficulty of assembly, just to name a few. Or, you could also go simple and just put a general like button there and then give us the ability to sort all of the circuits by number of likes?

C Sorting of rating: I would love the ability to not only sort the projects by rating, but also by number of ratings: like newegg's "most reviews" option under "sort by" I LOVE THAT FEATURE ON NEWEGG!

C Categories: I, being new to the electronics community, don't know where I would start to list the number of categories of the projects that are in existence not just here but all over the web, But I am curious to find what categories their are. I would LOVE to be able to sort all the projects here by logical categories that make sense in this community. not to mention the ability to search within the categories.

Here are a few website I LOVE the search features for:
        www.newegg.com
        reviews.cnet.com
        www.bhphotovideo.com
        www.ebay.com
        ALL of these have a GREAT ability to allow me to find exactly what I'm looking for! I hope all my rambling helps this site help build the Arduino community even more! which I believe it will!!!!!! GOOD LUCK LOVE THE SITE!!!

• AdminBen (Founder, CircuitBee) commented  · 

Thanks for the suggestion, can anyone further elaborate on how they would like such a rating system to work?

Would we want to just have a single rating to judge how 'good' a circuit is, or is it more likely we would want multiple ratings so that you can separate circuits in other ways, originality, usefulness, efficiency, etc?

Feedback and Knowledge Base