I suggest you ...

Add a Parts list

Add a table, maybe to the right of the circuit with the part numbers and quantity. Hovering might give you a more detailed description of the part. You might use an icon for a link to a free or paid ad, for where you could purchase the part or a kit. Some people might promote their circuit by offering a one stop shop for the parts, which might include a circuit board. You might make money by letting the big boys like Digikey, Mouser, jameco, Newark, Allied... buy ad space for the parts they carry.

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    boleyboley shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  BenAdminBen (Founder, CircuitBee) responded  · 

Hey Boley,

Parts lists are definitely a good idea, if/when we implement board support it will be even more useful still.

Partnerships with parts suppliers is a direction we may head in if people think its useful

Thanks for the input!

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BenAdminBen (Founder, CircuitBee) commented  · 

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions...

I assume by parts list we're all referring to the actual specific components used in the schematic?

Would that require us to support board layouts first? Or would it be acceptable to accept a separate file upload to define the physical components used in a design?

The other option of course would be to use the symbols found in the schematic to list possible components from suppliers, regardless of package.

Lots to consider here, what are your thoughts?

• Robert WatersRobert Waters commented  · 

I was going to suggest the same thing. I would certainly think that Digikey etc would pay for a linked BOM.

Feedback and Knowledge Base