I suggest you ...

make an embed code that is suitable for forums

I think the "iframe" used in the embed code is not allowed on most forums. To make it work, a special non-iframe embed code could be made using a clickable bitmap (png) image of the circuit that links to the schematic on the circuitbee site.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    lebeno shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jamie commented  · 

I use the thumbnail image and link in bbcode as a workaround.

• AdminBen (Founder, CircuitBee) commented  · 

I like that idea, we already generate a small thumbnail, so perhaps we could have a non-frame block of HTML with the thumbnail and the title of the schematic and author details which can be simply pasted into forums that allow HTML.

Of course the other option is for forum owners to enable a BBCode for the CircuitBee iframe. This would be something along the lines of:

BB Code tag : circuitbee
        BB Code replacement: <iframe width='500' height='350' frameborder='0' src="http://c.circuitbee.com/build/r/schematic-embed.html?id={param}"></iframe>
        BB Code example: [circuitbee]0000000014[/circuitbee]

(Excuse the >< confusion in the above, it appears UserVoice doesn't correctly support this type of text in a comment!)

This allows forums to safely allow iframe content since it will only let you use the BBCode which is then translated into the iframe code whent he comment is rendered.

Feedback and Knowledge Base